Pixahive is back with another exciting photography contest! The theme for the April contest is Fashion Photography.
Wikipedia describes Fashion Photography as a genre of photography which is devoted to displaying clothing and other fashion items. Fashion photography has developed its own aesthetic in which the clothes and fashions are enhanced by the presence of exotic locations or accessories.
What kind of photos can you submit?
- Catalog Fashion – Similar to product photography with the presence of a model. Focus is on the clothes and accessories.
- High Fashion – Models in exaggerated poses. Glamorous, sometimes unrealistic wardrobe. Locations, hairstyle and other elements blend together to create a flawless image.
- Street Fashion – Opposite of high fashion. Shot in a more casual way, sometimes with real people rather than models. The looks are rugged and comfortable. Clothes that people wear everyday.
- Editorial Fashion – Photographs that tell a story. Found in publications like newspapers and magazines. Often requires elaborate wardrobe and multiple props. The goal is to create a specific mood that tells the story.
Guidelines & Rules
- Participation is 100% Free.
- The contest will have 2 Rounds
- Qualifying Round
- Final Round
- Phone & DSLR Cameras are both allowed.
- The image must be your original click, and not taken from someone else. Copyright violations strictly forbidden.
- Image Editing & Filters are allowed to an extent that doesn’t make the image unnatural or artificial.
- Old and New pictures are both allowed.
- Technical Image Guidelines – Read More.
- Winners will be decided by Judges and not social likes.
- Previously Submitted Images will not be accepted by PixaHive.
- PixaHive Employees and their Families and Friends are banned from participation.
Dates & Deadlines
- Qualifying Round – 22nd April – 10th May, 2021
- Final Round – 11th May – 18th May, 2021
- Results Declaration – 31st May, 2021
1st Prize – Rs. 5000
2nd Prize – Rs. 2000
3rd Prize – Rs. 750
4th to 10th Prizes – Rs. 250
All Top 10 Participants get a Winners’ Certificate from PixaHive Studios.
How to Participate?
Initially, you have to submit your entry for the Qualifying round. Instructions for Final Round will be provided later to all finalists upon selection.
How to know if you are selected?
You will be notified via email.
Submit your Entry Below
Common Issues & Questions
Please use Google Chrome or Safari browser if you are facing issues.
You will get a confirmation email from PixaHive.
For the qualifying round, each participant is allowed to submit only 1 Image. The real competition happens in Final Round, when you can submit many more images.
No. Those images can not be submitted.
If you are qualified for final round, you will get an email from us. Please make sure you do not miss our email. You can add us to your contact list as well. The email will come from the following email.
This contest is sponsored and organized by PixaHive Studios. (PixaHive.com)
You can view our previous organised contests here.